Quotes

For those who might enjoy seeing these, I am posting the quotes I have collected over the years on this page http://quotescollectedovertheyears.blogspot.com/

Trouble using speech tools outside speech therapy

It takes a great deal of effort to use the tools you learn in speech therapy after you leave. When you are with the therapist, you are more relaxed and the therapist knows that you stutter. He/she waits patiently for you to learn and practice what you are taught. When you are at work, in school. or perhaps even at home, you feel time pressures, and don't take the time to concentrate on using the new tools you have learned. The Stuttering Foundation gives a good example of using new speech tools for stuttering being similar to writing with your other hand. When I try to do anything with my left hand, I have to really concentrate and do it slowly. The results are not as good as with my dominant right hand, either. I guess with practice, things would become easier and better. This is the case with stuttering, too!

No comments: