Quotes

For those who might enjoy seeing these, I am posting the quotes I have collected over the years on this page http://quotescollectedovertheyears.blogspot.com/

Don’t let stuttering hold you back

“I was advised to pursue a career which would not require me to speak to anyone.

’You're really smart, and you love anything to do with entertainment. Why would you shut yourself off from what you love?’

Then and there I decided not to isolate myself in the prison of stuttering. I realized that the goal of speaking "normally" was the real obstacle. I accepted that I stuttered, stopped shaming myself, and went on with my life. Which is not to downplay the fact that learning to accept a stutter is a long and winding road ultimately stuttering enhanced my career. The skills I developed as a result, including heightened intuitiveness, awareness and observational skills -- not to mention the simple ability to be quiet and listen -- all serve me well as a journalist, interviewer and now, as a film and television producer.”
~ Leah Sydney

No comments: