Quotes

For those who might enjoy seeing these, I am posting the quotes I have collected over the years on this page http://quotescollectedovertheyears.blogspot.com/

Police and stuttering

I found this page very interesting reading http://www.stutteringhelp.org/content/when-police-encounter-persons-who-stutter.  I have never been stopped by the police for speeding or for a routine traffic stop.  As I read this, I could imagine how it might be for someone having to respond to the questions of the police, especially for someone who stutters.  Perhaps, it would be a good idea to keep a copy of this in the car and hand it to the policeman/woman along with the drivers license so they can be educated if they aren't already.  I can't think of a better solution to the situation other than something like a medical card that states "I stutter" instead of "I have dementia" or "I have epilepsy."  Those of driving age should definitely think about the possibility of a traffic stop and how they would handle the situation so as to not have unplanned consequences like being sent to be tested for drugs, alcohol, or having to endure a search.

No comments: